What is the GSA?
The Graduate Student Association (GSA) is a student-led organization with the goal of unifying the graduate student body, providing workshops and guidance, advocating for student issues, and sponsoring activities and events to enhance student life.
Who is in the GSA?
If you’re a grad student, you’re in the GSA! Attend our monthly meetings and keep an eye out for our flyers and emails to stay in touch with the community and get involved.
The GSA is led by the GSA officers, who are responsible for the organization, function, and communication of all GSA affairs. The GSA officers are elected every year.
What does the GSA do?
The current GSA objectives are:
- Build a stronger sense of community within the graduate school
- Provide a platform to discuss student interests and concerns
- Facilitate student involvement in the affairs of the GSBS
- Expand representation of graduate programs and disciplines
- Provide students with better access to knowledge of career pathways and opportunities
How do I get involved?
The GSA is turning a corner in expanding its leadership and representation. Join the GSA in helping enrich student life while gaining experience and building your resume. The GSA needs people interested in mentoring students, organizing events, and reaching out to underrepresented students. Come to our meetings to nominate representatives, vote for officers, and voice your ideas and concerns!
The current GSA bylaws can be found here.